Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Qualifications for service use)
The use of Services shall not be limited to individuals whose main residence is located in Japan.
Article 3 (Account registration)
Article 4 (Account information)
Information input during the application for use by the Service User (hereinafter, Account Information) shall be used for purposes related to these Services and shall not be used for any other purposes without the consent of the Service User. The Service User may use the change Account Information screen to confirm and revise details.
Article 5 (Account deletion)
A Service User may request account deletion from the inquiry page on the Service website.
Article 6 (Use of services)
The use of Services shall be initiated upon completion of payment procedures.
Article 7 (Usage fees)
Service Users shall pay the usage fees set by YPAM via the payment method selected by the Service User.
Article 8 (Payment of usage fees)
Service usage fees shall be processed via methods selected by YPAM in accordance with the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions. Service Users shall resolve any disputes with the payment service company concerning the payment of usage fees at its own liability and expense, and shall not inflict on inconveniences or damages on YPAM. YPAM shall bear no liability whatsoever concerning any damages incurred by the Service User resulting from said disputes. In the event YPAM incurs damages as a result of a dispute between the Service User and the payment service company, said Service User shall provide compensation YPAM claims for relevant damages.
Article 9 (Property rights)
All intellectual property rights, copyrights and neighboring rights, and all other rights related to provided Services shall below to YPAM and the participating artist or legal rightsholders.
Article 10 (Prohibited acts)
Service Users may not conduct the following acts.
- (1) Unauthorized use of the signin ID or password of another Service User.
- (2) Acts that inflict damages on YPAM, other Service Users, any other third party or these Services.
- (3) Regardless of for profit or non-profit, contents may not be duplicated, distributed, lent, transferred, transmitted publically, made transmittable or streamed, nor use a third party to conduct any of the above acts.
- (4) Revise, change, alter, delete, or otherwise modify content.
- (5) Acts that infringe on intellectual property rights, including copyrights and trademark rights, or the rights of any third party.
- (6) Acts that harm the reputation, character, or credibility of, or interfere with the interests of an aforementioned copyrights holder, neighboring rights holder, or other rights holder.
- (7) The unauthorized use of an account.
- (8) Criminal acts or acts that could be linked to a crime.
- (9) Acts that harm the privacy or reputation of Service Users.
- (10) Acts in violation of public morals.
- (11) Acts that interfere with the operation of Services.
- (12) Illegal acts.
- (13) Acts that harm the credibility of these Services.
- (14) Assisting in any of the aforementioned acts.
- (15) Acts deemed by YPAM as possibly applicable to the above.
- (16) Other acts deemed by YPAM as inappropriate.
Article 11 (Responsibilities of Service Users)
Service Users shall, at their own liability and expense, prepare the computer equipment and other hardware, browser and other software, and communications line required to user Services.
Service Users shall, at their own liability and judgment, use programs or data downloaded through this Service. YPAM shall bear no liability whatsoever for any computer or system damages or other trouble resulting from the user of Services.
Service Users shall be liable for the management of their own signin ID and password. YPAM shall use the signin ID and password to confirm the status of the Service User.
Service Users may not use information gained through the use of Services beyond the scope of personal use.
In the event that, through the use of Services, a Service User inflicts damages on another Service User or third party, or in the event of a dispute between a Service User and another Service User or a third party, said Service User shall, at its own liability and expense, provide compensation for said damages or resolve said dispute and shall not inflict on inconveniences or damages on YPAM.
In the event that YPAM or participants incur damages as the result of a violation of these regulations or unauthorized or illegal acts, YPAM and participants may claim compensation for damages from the relevant Service User.
Article 12 (Account deletion, etc.)
In the event YPAM discovers that a Service User is applicable to any of the following, YPAM may, without any prior notification or warning, temporary suspend or cancel the use of Services, or delete a Service User’s registration status. In such cases, the relevant Service User shall bear liability for the payment of all usage fees incurred up to the completion of actions implemented by YPAM, and the Service User shall make payment via a method to be separately outlined by YPAM.
- (1) Usage fee payment deliquency or non-payment.
- (2) Refusal to pay usage fees.
- (3) If the payment service company refuses or ceases to process payments via the payment method specified by the Service User.
- (5) In addition to the above, any acts deemed by YPAM as inappropriate as a Service User.
Article 13 (Service provision details)
In principle, YPAM shall offer Services 24 hours a day all year. Content may be configured at YPAM’s discretion, with content and the scope of provision to be based on practical decisions by YPAM. The Service User acknowledges in advance that, regardless of the reason, YPAM may change, stop, or suspend all or a portion of service content without prior notification to Service Users.
In the event of that YPAM changes, stops, or suspends all or a portion of service content as prescribed above, YPAM shall bear no liability whatsoever for any damages or lost opportunities incurred by the Service User or any third party.
Article 14 (Inquiries)
In principle, inquiries regarding Services are accepted 24 hours a day via the inquiry page on the Service website. However, the Service User acknowledges that in the event of the following, YPAM may not be able to provide an answer or respond to the Service User, or that a reply or response may require some time.
- (1) When a reply or response already has been published on the Service website Help page.
- (2) When the intent of the Service User’s inquiry is unclear or incomprehensible.
- (3) When a response or reply from YPAM is not being requested.
- (4) When a response or reply to one Service User would or could result in lost opportunities for another Service User.
- (5) In addition to the above, when the inquiry is not directly related to Services.
Article 15 (Service suspension or shutdown)
YPAM may, at its own discretion, be requried to change, shutdown, suspend, or cancel all or a portion of Services without prior notification to Service Users to conduct regularly scheduled or emergency maintenance on the equipment, systems, and software used to provide services in the event or a natural disaster or other force majeure, an emergency situation, or in the likelihood of such a situation, or in the event of a malfunction of electrical communications equipment installed by YPAM for the purpose of Service provision or other unavoidable circumstances.
Excluding the previous paragraph, YPAM will provide prior notification in the event of any plans to change, stop, or suspend all or a portion of service content. However, this shall not include emergency situations, for which follow-up notification shall be provided.
Article 16 (Guarantees)
All content, data, programs, information, details, and other materials provided through this Service are provided in accordance with the instructions or directions of the respective copyrights holder or provider. YPAM does not guarantee the completeness, accuracy, veracity, reliability, of efficacy of said content.
Protection during transmissions of Service User personal information or personal data is limited to the scope protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer), and YPAM makes no guarantee, neither explicit nor implied, regarding protection exceeding those limits.
Article 17 (Handling of information)
The Service User acknowledges that YPAM may, without prior notification to the Service User or with the consent of the Service user, gather information processed to prevent identification of individuals that has been gained through the provision of Services, including information regarding the status of user by Service Users, input and store said information in databases, process said information (including statistical processing), and transfer or provide said information for the purpose of use by YPAM or a third party.
Article 18 (Transfer of rights and obligations prohibited)
Article 21 (Applicable law)
Article 22 (Exclusive court of jurisdiction)
Created November 15, 2018